1. Alcohol in Pharmaceutical Products by Professor Dzulkifly Mat Hashim former Former Lecturer And Associate Professor, at UPM Holdings and a member of the Majlis Raja-Raja Malaysia untuk Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan.
Professor Dzulkifly’s presentation aims to present a set of questions as well as the standpoint of the National Fatwa Council of Malaysia regarding alcohol content in pharmaceutical products from a halal (Shariah) perspective. There is much discussion in relations to alcohol and what should be the appropriate alcohol level for pharmaceutical products that are safe for Muslim consumption.
2. Trade Description Act (TDA) 2011 by Ustaz Mohd Amri, of JAKIM, Malaysia
Ustaz Amri shares the requirements set out for halal products are different from the standard goods and services as there is the inclusion of shariah principles concerning halal products and services. He also explains under the ‘Act’ section 29, defines the Trade Description (Certification and Marking of Halal) Order 2011, the competent Authority in Malaysia. In this case, the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM) and the Islamic Religious Council in the respective states the authority to certify any food, goods or services is halal in accordance with the Trade Description (Definition of Halal) Order 2011.
3. Intoxicants and Animal-Based Pharmaceutical Products by Professor Zhari Ismail, Halal Pharmaceuticals Expert & Honorary Professor, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and a member of the Majlis Raja-Raja Malaysia untuk Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan.
Professor Zhari’s describes his findings on how today’s consumers’ are well informed about the medicine they are taking. The need to ensure the source of the origin of the halal ingredients, i.e. the medical sources as well as the introduction of Halal Pharmaceuticals Standards (Pharmacopoeia) as the first step in fulfilling the Halal Built-in or Halal by design concept.
4. The concept of Informed Choice & Pharmacy Best Management Practice by Tuan Haji Amrahi Buang, Halal Pharmaceuticals Expert President of Malaysia Pharmaceuticals Society.
Tuan Haji Amrahi findings are centred around the concept of informed choice and sharing the Code Of Ethics For Pharmacists, Encourage Patients and The Public To Participate In Decisions About Their Care. He shares how halal pharmaceutical is a Muslims Patient’s rights to have halal medication without having any doubtful substance in the medicines.
5. Basis and fundamentals of Halal and Halal Industry by Ustaz Muhamad Elyas Harun, Halal Industry Trainer & Business Coach.
This presentation outlines the Shari’ah principles and requirements of Halal. It gives the general objectives of Islamic Law (Maqasid al-Shari’ah), which is essential to a Muslim. It goes on to share the halal and haram principles where one must understand in relations to halal food & drinks, halal ingredients as well as why the need for halal certification.
6. The Role of Fatwa in Halal Industry by Dato’ Hamidon bin Abdul Hamid Former Director, Centre for Community Engagement (BUDI) Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM).
This presentation shares the Pillars of Fatwa, The Scope of Fatwa, who has the authority to give Fatwa as well as the role of Syari’ah law is. Why there is a need for Fatwa in the halal industry to explain things clearly to avoid confusion among Muslims.